I understand your legal compliance issues, processes, everyday pressures and your barriers to resource efficiency / sustainability progress. I combine technical expertise with the insight gained from extensive cross-sector experience. All services are delivered with a clear understanding that you don’t pay me to find problems – you pay me to deliver solutions!
My goal is always to identify the optimum solution / combination to deliver the greatest performance improvement and/or environmental protection into the future* – I have no technology to sell – to deliver the optimum business benefit to you, the client!
To ensure maximum client added value, all water-related heating, cooling, pumping, treating, raw material / by-product loss + potential recovery opportunities, and future availability / business continuity challenges, are integrated into all project considerations as standard.
Process Water Efficiency + Integrated Water Management (IWM)
Metering, Monitoring and Targeting (MM&T)
- Water quality sampling + analysis – one-off, continuous, process, field, etc. samples for physical, chemical + biological parameters (at UKAS-accredited labs)
- Water metering / measurement – temporary or permanent pipe and channel flow, rainfall / run-off
- Water-associated energy consumption and carbon emissions, raw material / product losses, etc.
- Development of representative / effective KPIs and science-based improvement targets
Water Efficiency + IWM Audit (Opportunity Identification)
- Development of current water mass balance + optimum balance using the IWM approach
- Overlay of water-related energy costs, potential by-product options, continuity risks, etc.
- Identification of management measures and technologies to deliver optimum efficiency and IWM scenarios / combinations
- Detailed technical and economic viability assessment and Business Case development
System Option Evaluation, Conceptual Design + Tender Support
- Reduction techniques / technologies – process-integrated measures
- Reuse and recycling systems / technologies – industrial, agriculture or recharge applications
- Treatment technology evaluation – physical, chemical, biological, natural process, membrane
- Combinations and scenarios – production, asset management, catchment
Water Resource Assessment
- Water quality management review and programme development
- Sampling investigations (with associated flow measurement, if required)
- Other investigative techniques: eg. tracing, mass-balance, catchment contamination sources
- Laboratory analyses: all parameters at UKAS accredited laboratories
- Deployment of state-of-the-art data analysis and interpretation tools and techniques
- Development of recommendations for remedial actions and ongoing management.
Sustainable Water Management Strategies & Water Stewardship
- Global corporate, catchment and site level
- Triple bottom line / sustainability analysis
- Development of sustainable Integrated Water Management (IWM) solutions
- Strategies accounting for opportunities and risks posed by climate change impacts; eg. water scarcity, business continuity, asset management
Risk Management, Pollution Prevention / Control, Monitoring + Troubleshooting
- Pollution monitoring, sampling, discharge characterisation / variability in site drainage systems and natural waters
- Tracing – contamination sources, drainage plans, leak detection, etc.
- Environmental Risk Assessment (including for COMAH sites)
- Containment systems and contingency plans
I work with energy and other specialists, and leading-edge design engineers, when required (see Links)
(* clearly, within any financial, legislative, ROI / payback, operational or other constraints, agreed at Project Scoping).